Zync has been working with the Canadian Olympic Committee since 2013 as they prepared for the Sochi Games, but every Olympics has been just as exciting as the first. After nine years and five Olympics working together – we tallied up a few of our own medals.
Zync rebuilt Olympic.ca for the Sochi 2014 games and has been working with the Canadian Olympic Committee to continuously improve the website ever since, with a focus on functionality for quick content updates and an engaging user experience on mobile. From 2013 to 2021, Olympic.ca has won 15 awards—some of our highlights include:
- Web Excellence Award in the category of Website, Sports – 2021
- Webby Awards Honouree in the category of Websites and Mobile sites – 2018
- Gold W3 in the category of Mobile Features, Best User Experience – 2017
- Gold Communicator Award in the category of Website, Structure and Navigation – 2015
- Gold W3 in the category of Website Features, Structure and Navigation – 2014
- Webby Awards Honouree in the category of Websites and Mobile sites – 2014
In addition to rebuilding the Olympic.ca website, this year for Beijing 2022 we have helped the Canadian Olympic Committee through a variety of projects, ranging from campaign and social graphics, to email templates, and app promotions.
Team Canada is made up of our athletes, support staff, partners, and a country of fans rallying behind them – and we are so proud to play our part. Nine years working together, five Olympics, and one award-winning website. We can’t wait for what’s next.